Redevelopment of Redcar Station
Client: Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Value: £ 4.7M
Dates: Feb 2020 – Sep 2023
Refurbishment and redevelopment of an existing Grade II Listed Building to arrest its deterioration and provide a re-energised, repurposed facility to support a vibrant day and night-time economy within Redcar.
Steel River Cost and Project Management (SRCPM) was appointed to provide Project Management and Cost Management support to Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council to progress the development.
Our services for this project included:
- Liaising with Council staff to understand the current status of the project, required governance processes and the associated timescales in order to produce a master programme for the delivery of the development.
- Identify and highlight key actions (surveys etc) which will need to be undertaken by the Council in advance of, and upon the granting of it taking legal possession of the building.
- Review the existing design information and produce a Cost Estimate.
- Produce Scopes of Services for the full Design Team.
- Produce Invitation to Tender documentation to facilitate the procurement of a new Design Team.
- Update all documents as required by the Council as it progresses and finalises Lease negotiations with Arch Co to secure the Station building.
Utilising its experience of delivering refurbishment projects in Listed Buildings, SRCPM quickly reviewed the available information and highlighted areas of risk which needed to be fully understood by the Council.
SRCPM recommended mitigation actions such as the early undertaking of surveys, liaison with the Planning Department and Listed Buildings Officer, and dialogue with Network Rail to fully understand the processes and timescales associated with working within a live rail environment. These items were incorporated into the master programme to ensure that sufficient time was allocated for these activities.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Constultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055
VAT registration No. 997430376