Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement
Steel River Consultants (SRC), Steel River Cost & Project Management (SRCPM) and Steel River Consultants Lifting Compliance Services (SRC:LCS) offer a fresh approach to a wide range of health, safety and project consultancy support which spans all industry sectors, including particular specialism in onshore and offshore renewable energy. We look to provide a bespoke service to match the needs of each client.
It is the objective of SRC to prevent injury and ill health whilst conducting its business activities. The company believes all accidents are preventable and are committed to continually developing the company’s health and safety standards to achieve this goal as presented in our key principles below:
- Look to provide effective guidance through the company’s integrated management systems;
- Aim to promote effective communications, consultation & co-operation on health & safety;
- Utilise our own internal resources to provide competent health & safety advice;
Ensure our employees understand their responsibilities with respect to health & safety;
- Endeavour to comply with UK health & safety legislation, industry standards and best practice;
- Demonstrate our commitment to health & safety through our behaviour.
- Maintain a culture of openness with employees and promote wellbeing;
- Aim to ensure our workforce have the necessary supervision, training, support and resources to work safely;
- Look to engage with employees, visitors and contractors to further reduce hazards and risks associated with working for, with or on behalf of SRC, SRCPM or SRC:LCS;
- Endeavour to provide a work environment that encourages a positive safety behaviour.
- Aim to ensure all hazards are identified and risks eliminated or reduced to an acceptable standard;
- Provide support to ensure safe systems of work are developed, communicated and followed;
- Develop emergency preparedness and response procedures for recognised business risks;
- Review our systems and procedures at recognised industry and legislative periods to maintain compliance;
- Ensuring that our H&S Management System conforms to the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, providing a framework to achieve our objectives and continual improvement.
- Provide reasonable H&S targets and objectives to encourage a safe and healthy work environment;
- Investigating all accidents and incidents to prevent reoccurrence and learn from these events;
- Look to review and continually improve the efficiency of the company’s management systems;
- Create a working environment where unsafe work practices are challenged without compromise.
This policy has been communicated to all employees and is available to all external bodies and other interested parties on request.
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Unit 4, Diamond Court
Preston Farm Ind. Estate
t. 01642 605147
Merlin Business Centre
20 Mossland Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Consultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055. VAT registration No. 997430376