Client: Metka EGN
Value: £ Confidential
Dates: 2018 – ongoing
METKA EGN is a global EPC and O&M contractor specialising in a wide range of solar and storage applications, ranging from stand-alone solar parks and storage applications to complex hybrid projects. With a strong in-house engineering capability, global scope and unmatched responsiveness, METKA EGN designs and delivers high quality projects for its clients world-wide.
Metka EGN in their role of EPC Contractor, have taken on the appointments of Principal Designer and Principal Contractor for a number of battery storage projects within the UK.
SRC were requested by Metka to provide CDM support services to the existing design and delivery team on a battery storage project in the early stages of construction. The project is located at Melksham in Wiltshire, linked to an existing adjacent 14MW solar farm in operation.
SRC initially carried out a desktop review of the health and safety design risk management functions undertaken to date, and liaised with the existing the design team to summarise the findings.
As the majority of the existing design team were based outside of the UK, SRC initiated a series of conference calls to discuss and review the CDM deliverables with the European wide team of engineers and specialists.
In addition, a site appraisal was undertaken of an existing similar operational site, in order to review the health and safety issues associated with the operation and maintenance of the battery storage facilities.
A series of health and safety deliverables were coordinated by SRC, including:
- Review of preconstruction information and construction phase plan documentation and GAP analysis to highlight key requirements and actions required under CDM.
- Review of existing CDM design management procedure and creation and development of a design risk register to identify and record the design decisions and residual risk information.
- Conference calls with the existing design and H&S team to discuss CDM arrangements on the project / existing schemes.
- Site visit and assessment of existing operational facilities to consider residual risks associated with the operation and maintenance phase.
- Agreement and implementation of an action plan with Metka to implement a number of improvements on issues and areas identified during the reviews and discussions.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Constultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055
VAT registration No. 997430376