About The Role
SRC are recruiting for a Safety Consultant to support their growing portfolio of work within the renewable energy sector.
As we are a small, but growing, independent business you will benefit from training, development and mentoring that larger companies perhaps cannot so readily provide. This is a superb opportunity to learn and develop from some highly experienced safety professionals with many years’ experience in the renewables sector.
You will work under the direction of our experienced consulting team to support the delivery of a wide range of technical tasks on diverse and interesting engineering projects as highlighted above.
However, this opportunity is much broader than the support to individual projects. We want you to roll your sleeves up and support the team in building a highly successful consulting business where you will share in our success. The candidate will need to travel to the office in Derby a minimum of two days a week.
Skills, knowledge and relevant qualifications
Ideally you will hold one of the following qualifications in Health and Safety:
- Degree level qualification in Occupational Health & Safety Management
- NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Diploma
- NEBOSH General Certificate
Ideally you will have 2-5 years industrial experience in some of the following areas as listed below.
However, recently qualified persons looking to get a foot hold within the world of Health and Safety should not be put of applying. We recognise that those in the early stages of their career have some of the greatest potential to learn, develop and grow with SRC. If feel you can work with dedication and passion to gain the right experience, we want to hear from you.
- Application of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 Particularly the roles of Principal Designer or Principal Contractor
- Construction / heavy industry
- Chemical industry
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have excellent communication skills both in oral and written form
- Show willingness to take on new tasks as required
- Not be afraid to ask for help and know their limitations
- Be willing to work flexibly to help meet the needs of the business and Clients
- Be able and willing to travel within the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver duties associated with the role
- Holding a full UK driving license is preferred (or demonstrate a valid equivalent)
- Provide competent Health and Safety advice to Clients
- Engage and collaborate with Contractors to raise safety standards on Client projects
- Develop and / or improve documentation (including RAMS, HSE Plans, Emergency Response Plans etc)
- Undertake Health & Safety focussed audits and inspections on sites (potentially including offshore windfarms) as required
- Prepare monthly reports for Clients
- Support Senior Safety Consultant(s) with delivery of projects
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. An additional holiday for each year of service after 5 years (maximum 5 loyalty days)
- A flexible benefit structure following a successful probationary period that allows you to choose what is right for you. These choices include health insurance, death in service, extra holidays & critical illness
- Hybrid working
- Early Friday finish
- Access to funding for training or courses that are beneficial to your career growth
Steel River Consultants are committed to having a diverse, inclusive workforce and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Unit 4, Diamond Court
Preston Farm Ind. Estate
t. 01642 605147
Merlin Business Centre
20 Mossland Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Consultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055. VAT registration No. 997430376