Fridge Recycling Plant
Client: GAP ICE
Dates: Apr 2018 – Oct 2019
The project comprised multiple elements being delivered by two separate contractors within a live environment: the recladding of an existing warehouse structure (Glendale Engineering), and the installation a new fridge recycling plant (URT).
Steel River Cost and Project Management (SRCPM) was appointed to fulfil the role of ‘Engineer’ under the MF1 contract from RICS Stage 5 (Construction) through to RIBA Stage 6 (Handover and Close Out).
Our services for this project included:
- Establish, implement, and manage project control processes and procedures throughout the construction and commissioning process.
- Ensuring an effective flow of information and communication between all parties involved in all elements of the project.
- Coordinating and managing the allocation and completion of tasks, chasing parties where appropriate.
- Regular reporting to the Client and its funder (SQN) both verbally and in written form on project status comprising health & safety, programme, cost, risk, and identifying key actions.
- Risk Management including monthly (as a minimum) review of the Risk Register.
- Cost Management including cost estimates, value management, management of the Cost Plan and evaluation of costs arising from Contract Variations.
- Implementation and management of the Change Control procedure.
- Contract Administration.
- Management of the defects period.
- Agreement of the Final Account.
SRCPM utilised its experience in coordinating multiple projects within a single live site to provide clear working parameters and to build positive working relationships between the two Contractors on site.
Effective communication and absolute clarity of each party’s critical path activities were fundamental to the successful delivery of this project. This required close management of both the client and the contractor’s teams.
Over and above the day to day discussions SRCPM arranged and chaired formal weekly liaison meetings between the two Contractors and GAP to ensure that the works were fully coordinated (large deliveries, shut downs etc) and completed with minimal impact on the client’s business continuity.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Constultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055
VAT registration No. 997430376