Environmental Policy Statement
Steel River Consultants (SRC), Steel River Cost & Project Management (SRCPM) and SRC: Lifting Compliance Services (SRC:LCS) offer a fresh approach to a wide range of health, safety and project consultancy support which spans all industry sectors, including particular specialism in onshore and offshore renewable energy. We look to provide a bespoke service to match the needs of each client.
As an environmentally conscious organisation, we acknowledge that our activities may potentially have an impact on the environment and are committed to minimise this impact through our key principles below:
- Look to provide effective guidance through the company’s integrated management systems;
- Aim to promote effective communications, consultation & co-operation on environmental issues;
- Utilise our own internal resources to provide competent environmental advice;
- Ensure our employees understand their responsibilities with respect to the environment;
- Endeavour to comply with UK environmental legislation, industry standards and best practice;
- Demonstrate our commitment to the environment by operating in a socially responsible manner.
- Maintain a culture of openness with employees;
- Aim to ensure our workforce have the necessary supervision, training, support and resources to minimise the individual’s and the company’s impact on the environment;
- Look to engage with employees, visitors and contractors to reduce and mitigate environmental hazards associated with working for, with or on behalf of SRC, SRCPM & SRC:LCS;
- Endeavour to encourage a positive attitude towards the environment.
- Aim to ensure that an Aspects and Impacts register is developed and maintained;
- Provide support to ensure environmental mitigation measures are developed, communicated and followed;
- Develop processes to reduce pollution, manage waste and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Review our systems and procedures at recognised industry and legislative periods to maintain compliance;
- Ensuring that our Management System conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, providing a framework to achieve our objectives and continual improvement.
- Provide reasonable environmental targets and objectives;
- Investigating all environmental incidents to prevent reoccurrence and learn from these events;
- Look to review and continually improve the efficiency of the company’s management systems;
- To monitor and question behaviour towards protecting the environment.
This policy has been communicated to all employees and is available to all external bodies and other interested parties on request.
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Unit 4, Diamond Court
Preston Farm Ind. Estate
t. 01642 605147
Merlin Business Centre
20 Mossland Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Consultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055. VAT registration No. 997430376