Client: Middlesbrough Council
Dates: Oct 2019 – Oct 2022
Sector: Commercial Development
The provision of an iconic 20 storey building comprising flexible office accommodation and associated complimentary spaces for the digital sector. The Mayors required outcome of the development was for the building to become a key driver in attracting inward investment from outside of the Tees Valley.
Steel River Cost and Project Management (SRCPM) was appointed to provide Project Management and Cost Management services from RIBA Stage 1 (Concept Design) to RIBA Stage 3 (Detailed Design) along with the management of the procurement process to facilitate the appointment of a Principal Contractor.
Our services for this project included:
- Establish, implement and manage project control processes and procedures throughout the design period.
- Ensuring an effective flow of information and communication between all parties involved in the project.
- Coordinating and managing the allocation and completion of tasks, chasing parties where appropriate.
- Regular reporting to the Client both verbally and in written form on project status comprising health & safety, programme, cost, risk management, and identifying key actions.
- Cost Management including cost estimates, value management, management of the Cost Plan and evaluation of costs arising from design changes.
- Production of a procurement strategy following discussions with Middlesbrough Council to fully understand their requirements.
- Management and implementation of the procurement process for the appointment of a Principal Contractor.
SRCPM quickly established strong working relationships within the Project Team encouraging an open collaborative working environment for all involved in the project. This proved essential in the Team’s ability to react to the tight programme and significant changes requested during the design development, particularly in terms of the imposed timescales for changes to be implemented and presented to the Mayor.
“Steel River Cost and Project Management (SRCPM) provided Cost Management, Project Management and Principal Designer services for the early stages (RIBA Stage 1 – 3) of the Boho X development, and the procurement of the Principal Contractor. This was a highly pressured development period due to the compressed programme, a tight budget, and a rapidly evolving project brief.
SRCPM demonstrated a proactive approach in responding to all of these challenges, and their commitment to achieving the required outcomes was unquestionable. The support and advice provided by SRCPM during this process was invaluable and they proved a major factor in the progression of the project”.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Unit 4, Diamond Court
Preston Farm Ind. Estate
t. 01642 605147
Merlin Business Centre
20 Mossland Road
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Constultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055
VAT registration No. 997430376