Biogas Plant Grid Connection
Client: W J Drennan Ltd
Dates: Jun 2020 – Jul 2020
The installation of a new pipeline and infrastructure plant to connect an existing anaerobic digestion plant to the gas network.
Steel River Cost and Project Management (SRCPM) has been appointed to fulfil the role of ‘Project Manager’ under the IChemE Red Book contract from RICS Stage 5 (Construction) through to RIBA Stage 6 (Handover and Close Out).
Our services for this project include:
- Establish, implement, and manage project control processes and procedures throughout the construction and commissioning process.
- Ensuring that there is an effective flow of information and communication between all parties involved in the project.
- Coordinating and managing the allocation and completion of tasks, chasing parties where appropriate.
- Regular reporting to the Client and its funder (Shawbrook Bank Ltd.) both verbally and in written form on project status comprising health & safety, programme, cost, risk, and identifying key actions.
- Risk Management including monthly (as a minimum) review of the Risk Register.
- Cost Management including cost estimates, value management, management of the Cost Plan and evaluation of costs arising from Contract Variations.
- Implementation and management of the Change Control procedure.
- Contract Administration.
- Management of the defects period.
- Agreement of the Final Account.
The timescale for the delivery of this project is incredibly tight. There is a critical milestone date for achieving ‘gas to grid’ with financial implications for the client if this date is not achieved. SRCPM has significant experience in the construction of anaerobic digestion plants and utilised its understanding of the process to quickly mobilise following financial close of the contract. SRCPM immediately provided structure to the process implementing project delivery procedures, and clear lines of communication to ensure that all stakeholders receive the relevant information at appropriate intervals and in the required format.
Close monitoring of the programme, and the contractor’s performance is critical to ensure that programme milestone dates are achieved, and the day-to-day activities and business continuity of the farm and the anaerobic digestion plant are not affected by the grid connection works. This requires strong working relationships and effective communication between all parties. SRCPM prides itself on creating encouraging open, collaborative environments whereby all team members feel valued and ‘heard’.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our company or would like to speak to us about a specific project, please contact us:
Copyright Steel River Consultants 2020
Steel River Constultants Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company No. 07314055
VAT registration No. 997430376